Sunday, February 4, 2007

movement study


Point analysis via color coded base node movement


Static trace frame overlay to understand fluid form based on linear progression of time


A collection of individal gestures that together create a fluid object

"Gestures, such as these, are highly principled flexible connective networks. The gesture maintains openness through an attention to the particular characteristics of the disparate elements which constitute it and give the continious shape of its particular curvilinear form." - Greg Lynn "Folds, Bodies and Blobs"



The red in this image takes on the form of movement in the dancer's extremities, which are the defining flow that constitutes the external envelope. The internal forces become a translucent body built of interconnected splines and vertices that give definition to the balance between internal and external.

3 comments:

maa said...

good work fiver

Anita Bui-Yu Chen said...

Like like the red one. Maybe I'm just attracted to red. (I'm asian, I'm natually attracted to red.) I think the way that it pulls out a certain element from the diagram, makes a really nice study. I like that the diagram behind it is really readable too. (You got to show me how to do that!!) I can't wait to hear you talk about this tomorrow.

JTH said...

I like the blue. (I'm a New Englander, my blood runs that color.) Does your choice of modeling colors have any correlation to the components of Vultron? Do your models have special powers only under the condition that they unite to form a super-robot?

The dots diagram at the top of your post will be interesting to go back to if we discuss "particles" in addition to blobs. Can point particles be conceived as spatial? How can you build from that as your premise? (re: Farzami's NYC montages from last term)

If Vultron's component bots were all tigers, why isn't Vultron himself a super tiger? That would've been a smash. A super tiger with a helmet and a wicked big sword...